Our main aim is to provide good quality childcare, whilst in a secure, fun and stimulating environment. We want to help your child grow and develop, gain confidence and explore the many experiences and activities that are provided at our nursery. Your child’s well-being is our main priority and their welfare is our paramount concern.
To truly appreciate what we can offer you and your child a visit is a must. We have an open door policy so you can feel free to call in and have a look around, meet the staff and discuss your needs further in our friendly and welcoming environment.
Helen Howes is a purposely renovated building situated in a convenient position overlooking rural green belt land, with miles of green fields and tree lined woodland settings make a peaceful and tranquil scene. All this will give pleasure and be of great interest to the children, seeing different forms of nature and being able to spot the many varieties of wildlife.
Helen Howes is a modern Day Nursery, carefully planned, with every consideration given and implemented to ensure safety and security for your children. A place where you will know and feel they are happy and content whilst away from their own home. A place where parents are confident with themselves, knowing that Helen Howes is good for their children’s safe care and learning ability.
Helen Howes is divided into four different units, each unique with its own name:
- Babies: 0 – 1 year
- Toddlers: 1 – 2 years
- Juniors: 2 – 3 years
- Pre School: 3 – 5 years
All of our units are specifically designed with the age range in mind and are spacious and tastefully decorated. Each offers:
- Sensory play
- Sand & Water Play
- Construction areas
- Role Play
- Creative areas
- Heuristic Play
- Cozy reading areas
- Sleeping areas
- And much, much more…
Let’s play out & have fun
We have recently invested in a new modern playground surface, which is both safe and impact absorbent. All young children love being outdoors and alongside their physical play they can explore and learn about the world around them. The children become fascinated with the creatures in our mini beast area and learn how to care for others in our wild bird feeding station.
The outdoor play area is safe and secure; it is an extension to our indoor provision.
- Large climbing wall and climbing ropes, a quiet cozy area, friendship stop, sand pit and slide. Our fort is an adventure in itself.
- Self selection play storage allows the children to choose their own play including role play and dressing up.
- Hard surface area on which the children love to ride their bikes and cars.
- Black Boards for creative and mark making activities.
- Activity boards for colour, shape and number recognition.
- Water tray and water flow play taking water play to the next level.
- Musical instruments allow the children to show off their musical talents using pan drums and chimes and much more.
- The children have their own garden and growing areas where they can grow seeds, vegetables and learn about caring for the environment.
- A quiet story area where the children can listen to magical tales out doors or sit and read their favourite books.
Our playground uses natural items if possible giving the playground a lovely earthy feel. The access from the nurseries large car park is level and flat allowing easy disabled access and is great for mums with prams.